Your Collection Calendar
To find out which days your bins and boxes are emptied, please enter your postcode below and click search.
Please enter your full postcode, (including the space).
Please enter your full postcode, including the space.
Your collection service is changing
The Waste (Scotland) Regulations 2012 mean that Councils have to offer a food waste collection to all non-rural households by 2016, and the Scottish Government have set a target of recycling 60% of household waste by 2020. In East Lothian we currently recycle 44%, we need to increase our recycling rate and reduce the amount of waste we send to landfill. By collecting your food waste separately we are able to send it for treatment.
All your collection dates can be found on your calendar.
- From Monday 13th April 2015 the new food waste caddies and liners will be delivered, you can start to take part as soon as they arrive.
- Non recyclable waste collections are changing from the 27th April 2015.
Versions of this information and your calendar can be supplied in Braille, large print, audio tape or in your own language. Please call 01620 827 199 to request these.
Extra recycling boxes, box covers and outdoor food caddies are available free of charge, please contact us with your request or collect them from a local Recycling Centre.
All containers can be ordered by calling 01875 824 305. Please note there is a limit of one green bin and one brown bin per property.
Please make sure that each box has a cover tied to the handle of the box, bin lids should be closed and bins presented with the handle facing the road. Containers should be presented on the kerbside by 7am on your day of collection.
If you are unable to present your containers due to disability, ill health or old age you can request an assisted collection by contacting us or completing a form available on the East Lothian Council website.
Your collection services are changing in April 2015
- A new weekly collection for food waste will start
- The fortnightly garden waste collection will expand to cover every property
- Non recyclable waste in your green bin will be collected once a fortnight
Your Containers - what goes where?
Food waste caddies
For cooked and uncooked food waste:
- Fruit and vegetables
- Meat and fish
- Cheese and eggs
- Bread and pasta
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays
- Food and drink cans
- Glass bottles and jars
Garden Waste Bin
- Grass cuttings
- Twigs and branches
- Plants and flowers
- Hedge clippings
Non recyclable waste bin
- Plastic film and packaging
- Crockery and drinking glasses
- Animal faeces and bedding