Your four local Recycling Centres are:
Spott Road Industrial Estate
Macmerry Industrial Estate
A199 Haddington Road
The Recycling Centres are open 7 days a week: 8:30 to 17:00
The Recycling Centres are closed 25th and 26th December and 1st and 2nd January, and will close at the earlier time of 2pm on Christmas Eve and Hogmanay.
What can I take to my local recycling centre?
Your recycling centres have skips and banks so you can recycle all of the following items:
- Green garden waste
- Florescent tubes and energy saving light bulbs
- Vegetable oil
- Household batteries
- Scrap metal
- Engine oil
- Television and computer monitors
- Gas cylinders
- Small and large electrical appliances
- Solid timber
- Car batteries
- Fridges and freezers
- Paper and card
- Liquid food and drinks cartons
- Plastic food and drinks containers
- Green, clear and brown glass
- Clothes and shoes
- Steel and aluminium cans and clean foil
- Laminated wood
- Soil and turf
Each centre also has facilities for you to deposit your non recyclable waste and large items like mattresses and sofas.
We do not accept food waste, tyres or asbestos at the Recycling Centres.