East Lothian has four Recycling Centres where you can recycle a wide range of items:
Please note: Commercial waste is chargable at all sites. All vans and trailers must bring proof of address. For more information on commercial waste visit: www.eastlothian.gov.uk.
Recycling Centres accept:
- Scrap metal
- Garden waste
- Solid wood
- Soil and turf
- Televisions and monitors
- Fridges and freezers
- Small electrical equipment e.g. kettles, irons, games consoles
- Fluorescent tubes and energy saving bulbs
- Large electrical appliances e.g. washing machines, cookers
- Textiles and shoes
- Cooking and engine oil
- Car batteries
- Gas cylinders
- Glass bottles and jars
- Food and drinks cans
- Clean aluminium foil and aerosols
- Plastic bottles, posts, tubs and trays
- Food and drinks cartons
- Household chemicals (Macmerry and Kinwegar)
- Household batteries
- DVDs, CDs, videos, tapes and books
We do not accept food waste, tyres or asbestos at the Recycling Centres.
The Recycling Centres are open 7 days a week:
- October to March
- April to September
The recycling Centres are closed 25th and 26th December and 1st and 2nd January.
You may be asked for proof of address to access our sites.
There are over 70 Recycling points across East Lothian where you can recycle glass, cans, paper and textiles.
To find out what you can recycle and where, visit www.recycleforscotland.com.
Commercial vehicles, vans and trailers are restricted to access sites 8.30am – 10.30am. Commercial customers must present their waste carriers licence and recycling permit where applicable when asked.