For all cooked and uncooked food waste.
Remember to present your food waste at the kerbside contained within your lockable 23 litre outdoor caddy. You should not put any plastic or compostable packaging or bags into your caddy, except for the liners provided by East Lothian Council.
Need more liners?
The second last liner in the roll includs a tag. Secure this to the handle of the outdoor caddy when you present it for collection and a new roll will be left for you.
1. Line your kitchen caddy with one of the compostable liners provided
2. Place any cooked or uncooked food waste into the liner
3. When it is full, tie the liner and remove it from the caddy
4. Put the tied liner into your outdoor caddy, ensuring the lid locks shut
5. Place your outdoor caddy at the kerbside by 7am on your collection day
- Bread, cakes and pastries
- Eggs - including shells
- Fish - cooked and raw, including bones, skin and shells
- Fruit and vegetables - cooked and raw, including cores and peelings
- Pet food - wet and dry
- Rice, pasta and beans
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Hard fats and lard
- Meat - cooked and raw, including fat, skin and bones
- Plastic packaging
- Plastic bags
- Animal faeces or bedding